It is ideal for family or business or small group staying. There are many convenient stores, restaurants and supermarkets nearby which make my house very suitable for you to live like a local.
Hotels in Osaka
Weather, Best time to travel:
Japan's port city is located on the island of Honshu. The city is famous for its modern architecture, festivals, sculptures, gardens, nightlife and street food reflecting a unique culture. The weather in Osaka is temperate throughout the year. December to January is wintertime in Osaka and the temperature generally averages between 3 to 13 degrees. It gets cold but not too cold for travellers as this time witnesses people who visit temples to pray for good luck and to welcome the New Year. Spring in Osaka lasts from March through May, providing some beautiful cherry-blossom trees especially in Osaka Castle Park and Nakashima. The average high is 20 degrees and the lowest it gets is about 10 degrees. This is usually the peak tourism season. June to August months form the summer months in Osaka when the temperature reaches its highest and is around 33 degrees Centigrade. One of the largest festivals of Osaka, the Tejnjin Matsuri takes place in July with a well-organized firework show in the city. The most pleasant time in Osaka is during the autumn season when the temperature averages between 12 to 28 degrees. The city hosts the Kishiwada Danjiri Matsuri, a popular festival in Japan involving the running of bulls and men who pull wooden floats at very high speeds.
Airport / nearby airport:
The main International airport of Osaka is the Kansai Airport located at 1 Senshukukokita, Izumisano-shi, Osaka 549-0001, Japan. It is located on a man-made island about 40 kilometres from the city. The other airport which is mainly for domestic flights is the Osaka International airport, also called as Itami airport located in 3 Chome-555 Hotarugaike Nishimachi, Toyonaka, Osaka 560-0036, Japan. Getting to Osaka from Kansai International Airport is easiest via a JR Haruka Airport Express train that takes about 40-50 minutes to reach Osaka city. A one-way ticket costs about SGD 30.47 for those with Japanese rail passes. You can also board the Nankai Rapid Express train and get dropped at the Namba station, and then use a taxi or subway to reach your final destination. Tourists can purchase a JR Haruka/Icoca card that can be recharged at the airport itself. The other options include hiring a taxi, Uber or limousine. Buses are also available at the airport. A one-way bus ticket costs about SGD 20 and takes about an hour to reach the Nankai Namba station.
Local travel is Osaka relies heavily upon the subway system which may be a bit complicated for tourists to understand. The trains run in a timely manner and are well-connected to almost every part of the city. It comprises of eight lines, two of which cover the city. Typically, a one-way ticket costs between SGD 2.7 to SGD 4.5. Other options are buses, taxis, trams and bicycles. A bus ticket costs about SGD 2.74 and the fare can be paid using a prepaid card. For travellers who are fitness enthusiasts, renting a bicycle is a great way to explore the city.
How to get to Osaka:
Some of the international flights flying to Osaka are Cathay Pacific, Air India, Emirates, Air France etc. from destinations all over the world. These are mostly connecting flights with a layover and flying to the Kansai International airport. While there are domestic flight options for local travellers in Japan, their most preferred option to travel to the city of Osaka is via the bullet train. Shinkansen is one of the fastest bullet trains in the world, covering the distance between Tokyo and Osaka in just 2 hours 30 minutes. A one-way ticket on it costs about SGD 178 and the booking can be made online. There are also night buses available for domestic travel to reach Osaka from any part of Japan.
Hotel info, prices for different hotel range
- 5 Star Hotels: The Ritz Carlton Osaka (SGD 561 per person per night) and the St. Regis Osaka (SGD 761 per person per night) are both located about a kilometre away from the Osaka city centre and are among the elite of Osaka hotels.
- 4 Star Hotels: The Lively Honmachi Osaka, Citadines Nambi Osaka and Holiday Inn Osaka are hotels in Osaka offering great amenities and services. These are located close to the city and can be booked at approximately SGD 100 per person per night.
- 3 Star Hotels: Dotonbori Hotel, Cityroute Hotel and Hearton Hotel Shinsaibashi Nagahoridori are situated about 2-2.5 kilometres from the city and can be booked within a price range of SGD 60 to SGD 85 per person per night. These are some of the cheap hotels in Osaka offering good services.
- 2 Star Hotels: Solo travellers and tourists looking for low budget hotels book with hostels offering 2-star facilities can choose the Imano Osaka Shinsaibashi Hostel or Khaosan World Namba Osaka Hostel. These are located close to the city centre and are a part of Osaka hotel deals offering the best and cheapest prices when booked well in advance.
Osaka Tourist Information
Top tourist destination in Osaka
- Osaka Castle is located in 1-1 Osakajo, Chuo Ward, Osaka, Osaka Prefecture 540-0002, known for its magnificent architecture. One of the exciting things to do in Osaka for tourists includes photography of the superb views from the upper floors of the castle.
- Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan is one of the most popular Osaka attractions to witness marine life and is greatly enjoyed by children. It exhibits the native mammals, reptiles and huge sharks. It is located in 1-1-10 Kaigandori, Minato Ward, Osaka, Osaka Prefecture 552-0022.
- The National Museum of Art, Osaka, is an underground museum located in 4-2-55 Nakanoshima, Kita-Ku, Osaka, 530-0005 just about a couple of minutes from the city centre. It has a vast collection of art and paintings including those of Picasso and Foujita.
Top food places in Osaka
- Mizuno makes the local favourite Japanese dish okonomiyaki or the Japanese pancake. It uses as its signature yam which customers can add their choice of meat and veggies to customize it. The eatery is located in 15 4, 1-chÅme, DÅtonbori, ChÅ«Å-ku Osaka, Osaka, 542-0071, Japan.
- Fujiya 1935 is a celebrity chef-run restaurant offering Spanish cuisine. It serves some of the best duck breasts with wasabi and its signature appetizer of 'sponge bread' topped with some delicious cheese. This is located at 14 4, 2-chÅme, Yariyamachi, ChÅ«Å-ku Osaka, Osaka, 540-0027, Japan.
For more information on how to book Osaka hotels, visit trip.com