A 5-minute walk from Victory Monument BTS Skytrain Station, Bizotel Bangkok offers comfortable rooms and free WiFi access. It is near the King Power Duty Free Complex.All air-conditioned rooms come with a flat-screen cable TV, a seating area and a mini-fridge. For added security, there is also a safety deposit box. The en suite bathroom has a hairdryer, free toiletries and a shower.The restaurant at Bizotel Bangkok serves Thai dishes, as well as international favourites. Other facilities at the property include a 24-hour reception and a free daily maid service. There is free parking.With a 24-hour convenience store nearby, the hotel is a short drive or train ride away from popular attractions and shopping destinations.
Hotels in Bangkok
Weather and Best time to travel to Bangkok
Bangkok is the capital city of the Kingdom of Thailand. It is the highest populated city in Thailand with over eight million people as of 2010. The area of the city is over 605 miles squared. This country is a leading point of impact in Asian markets as it is gradually being recognized as a finance hub. After the Asian investment boom around the 1980s and 90s, many multinational corporations began setting their foot in Bangkok. The city has grown to prominence in this last decade in avenues of finance, healthcare, tourism, fashion, culture, leisure, and entertainment, etc. This place is one of the top tourist destinations in the world known for its street life, cultural heritage, and infamous red-light districts among others. The climate of Bangkok falls under the Tropical Savanna category with three distinct seasons. The temperatures are somewhat hot year long throughout the summer, winter and rainy seasons. The city lays in the central plain of Thailand, in the delta formed by the river Chao Phraya. This river flows its way southwards through the city, ultimately reaching the Gulf of Thailand. In the 19th century, Bangkok was often called “Venice of the East” due to the elaborate canal network that ran through the city.
The airport in Bangkok/ nearby airport in Bangkok
Bangkok consists of two international airports in its metropolitan region. The Bangkok Suvarnabhumi International Airport (BKK) is the main airport of the city. The other one is Bangkok Don Mueang International Airport (DMK). Getting to Bangkok from Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport takes about 30 minutes by road while the same from Bangkok Don Mueang Airport takes about 20 minutes. The mutual distance between both airports is close to some 40 kilometres. The Bangkok Don Mueang Airport was the main airport in Bangkok up till 2006 when the new airport was made operational. The Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport is the hub of Bangkok Airways, Thai Smile Airways, Thai Airways International, and is the more popular stop for most international commercial carriers. This airport ranks 46 in the list of top 100 airports in the world. The Bangkok Don Mueang Airport is nowadays more popular as the hub of domestic low-cost airlines in Bangkok.
Transportation in Bangkok
There are numerous options of public transport available in Bangkok. These include the Skytrain transit system, subway, taxis, tuk-tuks (a type of rickshaw), and buses, etc. The transport system, however, is very crowded in the city as there is an immense population load. This also gives rise to the unpredictable and infamous traffic congestions on the roads of Bangkok. So, the general advice is to leave a bit early for every outing and to be well prepared for overcrowding or congestion. In order to save money and time, one can invest in getting a Transport SmartPass which is a smart card of sorts that works on Bangkok public transit systems, helping one avoid long ticket queues every time before travel. In order to get a respite from the city hubbub and suffocation, one can also avail the boat service on the Chao Phraya River to get from one place to the other.
How to get to Bangkok
Having two international airports at its service, it is not really tough to get to Bangkok from any part of the world. One can always get easy direct flights or sometimes connecting flights to Bangkok offered by most of the major airline operators of the world. Airlines like Emirates, Qatar Airways, American Airlines, Turkish Airlines, Finn Air, Singapore Airlines, and Virgin Atlantic are some of the international carriers that fly to Bangkok. Apart from these major airlines in the Asian belt including Jetstar, Indigo, Spicejet, and Cathay Pacific also offer services to Bangkok. Flights to Bangkok from anywhere in Asia are not generally longer than 3 to 4 hours at max. However if one decides to fly to Bangkok all the way from the west, they should expect a long haul flight of over 6 to 8 hours or even more sometimes. Most international flights are headed for the Bangkok BKK Airport generally.
How much are hotels in Bangkok
- Luxury and ultra-luxury 5-star hotels in Bangkok, which have extravagant facilities like comfortable spas, pools, etc. are available for around 300- 400 S$ or more for a night.
- Budget 3-4 star Bangkok hotels which are a bit less lavish can be availed for about 200 S$.
- Inexpensive PGs or cheap hotels in Bangkok can be availed for under 50 S$ easily.
- Neighbourhoods like Khao San Road are known to be tourist favourites as they have the best Bangkok hotel deals with budget experiences available around.
Log on to Trip.com to book Bangkok hotels at the best prices.
Bangkok Tourist Information
Top tourist attractions in Bangkok
There are a lot of attractions to see and a lot of things to do in Bangkok for tourists. Some of these are listed below.
- The Grand Palace in Bangkok is a very popular monument in the city and is frequented by many tourists every year. It had been the royal residence of the Kingdom for many years.
- Thailand is known for its temples and culture. The Temple of reclining Buddha in Bangkok is a mandatory spot to visit for every first time tourist to the city. This magnificent temple has a colossal statue of Gautam Buddha.
- Another one of Bangkok attractions is the Chatuchak Market which is a semi-outdoor market held on weekends. This place sells a number of stuff ranging from jewellery to religious icons to artefacts, handicrafts, street food, etc. This is just the place if one really wants to mingle and understand the local life.
Top food places in Bangkok
Bangkok has an exceptionally rich food culture which is presented by a mix of both modest eateries and multi-course upscale restaurants. This colourful city has a lot to offer when it comes to food.
- If one is in the mood for street food, the Chatuchak Market which was mentioned above might prove to be an absolute food paradise. The place sells cheap delicacies ranging from Grilled Honey Roast Pork to Coconut Ice-cream.
- To get an experience of premium American steak, one can visit the U.S. Steakhouse. It is a popular American restaurant in Bangkok known for its classy cafe-like setting and amazing food.
- One should definitely try out authentic Thai food when eating out in Bangkok. Outlets like Sukhumvit Soi, The Sixth, and Prachak Pet Jang are some decent eateries that serve awesome Thai food at affordable prices.
Trip.com helps in finding great deals on travel and hotel bookings.