Hotels in Seoul
Weather and Best time to travel to Seoul
Seoul Special City is the largest metropolitan area of South Korea. It is also the capital of the country.
This bustling city is the fourth largest municipal economic system in the world. It is the technical, financial, cultural, and commercial hub of the country.
Seoul houses the headquarters of some 15 of the Fortune 500 companies in the world. The population of Seoul is over 9.7 million and the total area is 605 kilometres squared. The city is dissected through the middle by the Han River. There are eight mountains which circle the city on its outskirts. One of the major problems in this city is the air pollution here. The reason for this is mostly the large amounts of greenhouse gas emissions around the area. The place has a humid subtropical climate which often fluctuates to humid continental type too. The precipitation varies throughout the year, and it is mostly warm. The suburbs are relatively cooler than other portions of the region. While the summers are hot and humid, the winters are extremely cold and freezing. The monsoons generally range from June to September. The city has hosted various games like Asian Games, Summer Olympics, and FIFA World Cup among others.
The airport in Seoul/ nearby airport in Seoul
Seoul Incheon International Airport (ICN) is the primary airport of the South Korean capital of Seoul. It is one of the busiest airports in the world and has been awarded the position of best airport worldwide on multiple occasions. It is also considered one of the cleanest airports in the world. The airport has multiple facilities like private sleeping rooms, casino, golf course, spa, indoor garden, and even a rink for ice skating. Getting to Seoul from Seoul Incheon International Airport takes about 50 minutes or so. There are multiple ways to get to the city centre of the city. One of the most comfortable and most convenient of them is to take a taxi, which is, however, the most expensive option too. The taxis from the airport to Seoul charge around 44,000 South Korean Won, which is about 50.5 Singapore Dollars. There are also trains and shuttle buses which run from the airport to the city.
Transportation in Seoul
Seoul has a futuristic system of public transport in place. The network includes buses and subway trains. The subway is simple to use, and there are none major lines with trains running at regular intervals of 5 minutes. The signs at the subway stations are both in Korean and English, so that makes the usage more convenient. There are four types of buses in Seoul, and they are colour-coded based on their categories. The yellow buses move in the Central Business District Area (Downtown), and it connects to major business areas and tourist spots. Blue buses run from Downtown to the suburban areas. Green Buses are for the residential areas, while the red buses are Express buses for commuters. The public transport system can be availed by using T-Cards, which are a cheap way to commute in the city. These cards are available as both pre-paid and post-paid.
How to get to Seoul
The Seoul Incheon International Airport (ICN) is a prominent airport in Asia and is well connected to other parts of the world. If one is travelling to Seoul from Singapore, then there are many options for cheap flights. The flights on this route are nonstop mostly while some might have a transit stop in between. The flight duration from Singapore to Seoul without any stop is generally about 6.5 hours or slightly more. Airlines like Singapore Air, Asiana Airlines, Philippine Airlines, etc. fly on this route. Travelling to Seoul from any other part of the world is also pretty easy as most major international carriers offer flights to Seoul. These include Delta Air, Cathay Pacific, Japan Airlines, Lufthansa, Emirates, and Turkish Airlines among others. Long-distance flights mostly have one or two transit stops and are rarely direct. Hence it is advised that one be prepared for such travel beforehand.
How much are hotels in Seoul
- There are a lot of economical cheap hotels in Seoul which are available for some 20- 30 S$ easily.
- Decent 3-4 star Seoul hotels which are comfortable with all standard amenities are available in about 200-300 S$.
- Posh luxury hotels in Seoul with facilities like private pools and deluxe suites are available at rates around 300-400 S$ and above.
- The neighbourhoods like Myengdong and Jamsil have great Seoul hotel deals. They are excellent choices for family stays and shopping.
To book Seoul hotels at best prices visit Trip.com.
Seoul Tourist Information
Top tourist attractions in Seoul
The capital megacity of South Korea is somewhat a hub of tourism too. There are a lot of great places to see and things to do in Seoul if one is looking forward to a fun tourist experience.
- The most famous landmark of this city is the Seoul Tower which is some 500 meters high up the land. This communication/ observation tower is known to provide spectacular views of the entire city from any of its four observation decks.
- If one wants to get an authentic feel of Korean tradition, the Bukchon Hanok village is just the right place. It is a preserved area of several neighbourhoods which gives a feeling of what Korea would be like some 600 years ago.
- The National Museum of Korea is also among the most popular Seoul attractions. It is one of the largest museums in Asia which is frequented by locals and tourists alike.
Top food places in Seoul
The city of Seoul is well known for its vibrant food culture. The place combines its traditional culinary practices with international influences to give an overall fantastic food experience.
- If one wants to get a feel of authentic Korean fine dining, restaurants like the Jungsik Dang can be one of the top options. This restaurant holds numerous accolades and is even included in the list of top 50 restaurants in Asia.
- To try out something new, one can head to a place like the Mingles. The name of this restaurant follows from its core idea of mingling or fusing Korean and European food to create excellent dishes.
- To grab a cheap and quick bite, one can head to places like the Gwangjang market, which is hailed as a street food paradise. The place sells some of the city’s finest tasting food at extremely affordable rates.
Visit Trip.com and get the best booking deals for your travel and stay.