Hotels in Taipei
Weather, the best time to travel:
Are you planning a vacation, a time to relax and rejuvenate, then head to Taipei. Taipei City is the capital of Taiwan. The city lies mostly on an ancient lakebed referred to as the Taipei Basin. This basin has narrow valleys that are formed due to the Keelung and Xindian rivers, which together form the Tamsui River on the city’s western border. Taipei has an estimated population as per the latest survey at approximately 2,646,204 people. Taipei is a beautiful island city and is a center for industries, politics, education, culture, and economics in Taiwan. It is considered as one of the major hubs in East Asia. Taipei is a well-sought after tourist destination. There are many things to do in Taipei and there are also many Taipei attractions that indeed make Taipei, a not to be missed holiday destination.
Taipei’s climate is subtropical with humid summer days and a long monsoon. The winters are short, warm, and foggy due to the influence of the northeasterly winds in the Taipei Basin. The high temperatures in Taipei are upwards of 26°C, while the colder temperatures are in the range of 3 to 5 °C. For tourists, the best time to visit Taipei is between March and May, when the temperature is at an average of 22°C. The rainfall is pretty light at this time, the typhoon season would not have started, and the city looks beautiful with its cherry blossom trees.
Taipei is well connected to other parts of Taiwan and international destinations through its airport, the Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport. The airport is located about 40 km from Taipei. This airport opened its operations in 1979, and is the main connection for domestic, international travel, and also for regional transshipments. The Taipei Songshan Airport is another airport located within the city limits and it now serves limited international flights, charter flights, and intra-island flights. This airport served as the only international airport until 1979, after which the present Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport has been operational and is the busiest airport now in Taiwan. Getting to Taipei from Taipei Airport is very easy as there are many options. Taxis run by different taxi services are very convenient to hire. The airport ride which takes about 30-45 minutes usually costs NT$1000 from any part of Taipei. The other modes of reaching to and from the airport are the MRT (metro train) and local buses, which are very efficient as well.
Taipei has good and efficient options for connections within the city. Primarily, the Taipei Metro or the Taipei MRT (mass rapid transit) is well connected and takes passengers across to different locations in the city, in the quickest possible time. Another option of commuting is the buses that take you to destinations that are remote and in the interiors of Taipei not covered by the metro system. Taxis are also very convenient and are a good mode of commuting in Taipei. The starting rate for the first 1.25 km is NT$70. Cycling is another option for transport in Taipei and is very popular on the boardwalks that are around the Tamsui and Keelung Rivers.
How to get to the destination:
Taipei is well connected within Taiwan and internationally by its direct flights. The majority of the flights come in through the Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport while some international and charter flights are operational through the Taipei Songshan Airport. Taipei is well connected to Asia, America, Europe, the Middle East, and the rest of the world by world-class flights and connections. Many international airlines like China Airlines, Starflux Airlines, EVA Airlines, Tigerair Taiwan, Mandarin Airlines, UNI Air, Cathay Pacific, Malaysian Airlines, Singapore Airlines, fly to Taipei.
Hotel Info and price range
There are plenty of hotels in Taipei that one can choose from amongst a wide range of options. There are many options to suit a luxury traveller as well as a budget traveller. You can choose from cheap hotels in Taipei or opt for the good Taipei deals on Taipei hotels. There are many sites like Trip.com through which you can book Taipei hotels based on your budget and choice. Broadly, hotels in Taipei can be segregated under the following:
- There are more than 40 options for 5-star hotels in Taipei that offer luxury and high-end services. The rates for these hotels are at a premium of around 10,698.27 NT$.
- The 3-4 star hotels are more reasonable in their rates and offer good facilities as well. They are in the range of 5151 NT$.
- For the budget-conscious and those who do not want to spend too much on accommodation but need just a place to rest, there are many options too. The tariff for these hotels starts at around 750 NT$.
Taipei Tourist Information:
Top tourist attractions in Taipei:
There are many interesting places to visit in Taipei and as a traveller, you have a variety that you can choose from. Here are a few -
- Fulong International Sand Sculpture Festival– The sheer beauty and artistic imagery are simply mind-boggling. Feast your eyes on replicas of iconic buildings, famous celebrities, and other extraordinary artistic creations. While here and feasting on the beautiful sand sculptures, don’t miss the chance of spending time at the Fulong Beach, one of Taiwan’s best beaches. You can also visit Londong Bay Park, where it is a marine lover’s paradise. You can swim, snorkel, fish, or hike, or see the geographical phenomenon of trace fossils, tofu rocks, beehive rocks, mushroom rocks, marine erosion cliffs, and marine erosion caves.
- Miniatures Museum of Taiwan– This miniature museum has artworks from renowned global artists. About 200 assembled and ornamental works of art are the main features here. There are beautiful and creative dollhouses that have complete interior and exterior décor with intricately designed room boxes.
- Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall -This is a big complex of well-kept gardens and beautiful buildings. At the centre of this beautiful complex is a memorial in honour of the first President of Taiwan. While here, don’t miss the change of guards which happens every hour.
Top food places in Taipei:
Taipei is a food lover’s paradise with both typical local Taiwanese cuisine as well as international cuisine to suit one’s taste.
- Dan bing is a typical breakfast item that can be eaten at any breakfast store in Taipei. These stores are open from 5 am to 12 noon. Dan bing is a thin pancake with egg and different fillings like mushrooms, bacon, chicken, beef, pork, etc.
- Shilin Night Market-This is the most important and well-known night market in Taipei. A visit here is a must to savour the best street food such as oyster omelettes, sausages, or steaks.
- Tonghua Night Market– This night market is a perfect place to end your busy day. There are so many food vendors here to try the local cuisine of egg tarts, shaved ice, green onion pancakes, or tofu.
Get ready then to have a great vacation in Taipei. Book through Trip.com to get a complete travel solution in terms of flight bookings, hotel bookings, and tour plans. Have a memorable vacation with Trip.com.