Hotels in Hangzhou
Weather, the Best time to travel
Hangzhou is a famous tourist destination in China and is one of China’s 7 ancient capitals. It is known for its beautiful natural scenery and also its rich cultural heritage. Hangzhou is one of the favorite travel destinations for tourists across the globe. The weather in Hangzhou is described as a subtropical monsoon climate, which is mild and humid. Springtime is usually warm and humid. Summers are hot with a lot of rain. The autumn season is a cool season. The winter season is cold and dry and sometimes has snow. The temperature at Hangzhou is salubrious at 17 °C. Another good feature for travelers and tourists coming into Hangzhou is that the air quality is at 66, which means that it is not polluted. January is the coldest month and the mean temperature is usually at 8 °C. July is the hottest month in Hangzhou at 34 °C. The driest month is in December, while the rainiest month is in June. Hangzhou is a good tourist destination and travelers can visit Hangzhou the year-round. But the most popular seasons are spring and autumn. During spring, the scenery around the West Lake looks pretty with blossoming peaches, as well as, budding willows. Autumn is considered the best weather with comfortable temperatures and relatively dry weather. The weather from October to November is the autumn season and considered the best season to visit Hangzhou. The temperature varies between 14-23 °C.
Airport / nearby airport
Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport is an airport that serves Hangzhou, a major city located in the Yangtze River Delta region, which is the capital of the Zhejiang Province. This is a fast-growing popular vacation destination around the globe. The airport is at a distance of 27 km east of Hangzhou city. The Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport offers connectivity to all destinations throughout China, as well as international destinations such as east and Southeast Asia, South Asia, Africa, and Europe. The airport over the years has been well developed and can now handle about 8520 passengers during its peak hour. The airport connection can be done by airport buses, rail and the highway is also well connected. The airport bus services link the airport to different areas in Zhejiang and other cities in Jiangsu area. The Hangzhou Metro Line 1 and 7 connect the airport and Hangzhou city. The Airport Road connects the Airport and Hangzhou city.
One of the main attractions in Hangzhou is the lakeside and this can be accessed either by walk or on a bicycle. Bicycles can be rented from bike-rental kiosks after paying a refundable deposit and obtaining a swipe card. The bikes can be picked up from a kiosk and returned to another. The bikes are so attractive to the tourists because of the bright red color! Taxis can also be hired to get to one place to another, make sure you have an indication in Chinese to the location you need to go, as drivers don’t know English. Buses and the metro lines are very safe and convenient for travelers to get from one point to another in Hangzhou city.
How to get to Hangzhou
Singapore is well connected to Hangzhou through different means. Getting to Hangzhou from Singapore can be done by flight, rail, or road. The flying time between Hangzhou and Singapore is approximately 5 hours. If you are traveling by road, it takes about 2 days to connect to these two cities. The flying distance between Singapore and Hangzhou is approximately 3656 km and the traveling distance is about 5267 km. There are direct flights that connect Singapore to Hangzhou on airlines such as Scoot Tigerair, Singapore Airlines, Silk Air, China Eastern Airlines, AirAsia X, amongst others that fly between Singapore Changi Airport and Hangzhou Xiaoshan Airport. There are weekly and direct flights between these two destinations that offer good connectivity. As always if you can plan your travel in advance and book your flight tickets, you could get a reasonable ticket at a starting price of ¥2278 CNY. The prices may see a spike closer to your date of travel and near future bookings in contrast to bookings done well in advance.
Hotel info, prices for different hotel range
Hangzhou offers a variety of exciting hotel choices that cater to different kinds of travelers the world over. The hotels are categorized as per the pricing, facility, and choice of a tourist or a business traveler. The hotels can be vastly classified according to the following to suit every wallet and choice of an individual while staying in this picturesque lakeside city of Hangzhou.
- 5 STAR HOTELS-these range over 75 choices that offer the most expensive and luxurious choices in Hangzhou. Some of the top choices of hotels are the Intercontinental, Sofitel, Radisson Blu, Shangri-La, Conrad, Park Hyatt, Le Meridien, etc. These hotels offer world-class amenities and luxuries with prices upwards of ¥2495 CNY.
- 4 STAR HOTELS-There are about 26 hotels that offer a mix of luxury and convenience at a more affordable price. When you want an ambient mix of luxury at an affordable price. These 4-star rating hotels offer these choices, such as Courtyard by Marriott Hangzhou Qianjiang, Grand Parkray Hangzhou, Holiday Inn Hangzhou Gongshu to name a few. These hotels are in the range of ¥1426 CNY upwards and are considered as some of the best hotels in Hangzhou.
- 3 STAR HOTELS-The 3 Star Hotels offer a seasoned traveler many choices to suit their business travel, leisure, or vacation. There are a number of Hangzhou hotel deals that provide quality and comfortable accommodation that is priced between upwards of ¥713 CNY that provide good Hangzhou hotels.
- 2 STAR HOTELS- These hotels are for the economic traveler and provide a range of cheap hotels in Hangzhou at great prices but are still an exciting choice. They are available at a range of about ¥499 CNY to ¥713 CNY. There are several choices through which you can book Hangzhou Hotels.
Hangzhou Tourist Information
Top Tourist attractions in Hangzhou
There are many interesting Hangzhou attractions making this a well-sought after tourist destination.
- West Lake in Hangzhou is a World Heritage site as per UNESCO. It is famous for its beauty and is a landmark location in China. It has a unique blend of temples and pagodas; pavilions, gardens, and ornamental trees; it also has causeways and artificial islands. It is indeed one of the most beautiful sights in China and certainly one that a traveler must-see while in Hangzhou.
- The Grand Canal is another must-see attraction while in Hangzhou. It is at a length of 2000 kilometers. It is the longest canal or artificial river in the world and is a beautiful sight. The length of this river runs from Beijing in the north to Hangzhou in the south. Experience a boat trip on this canal to enjoy the sights and history.
- Hangzhou is known as the Capital of Tea in China and also known as the Silk City. The tea plantations in Hangzhou mainly consist of Longjing Tea Plantation and Meijiawu Tea Plantation. You can take a tea culture tour and experience the joy of picking tea leaves and learn the art of tea-making. While in Hangzhou, you can see a lot of silk clothing and trinkets that involve the famous local silk available. It makes for a good souvenir to take home for both you and your loved ones. There are indeed a lot of things to do in Hangzhou and it is certainly worth a visit.
Top Food places in Hangzhou
Hangzhou is a boiling pot offering both local and international cuisine to suit the palette of every traveler.
- The Qing He Fang Street is known for its authentic and traditional food outlets to savor traditional and very reasonable food.
- The He Dong Road Food Street is famous among the young as they can eat, drink and chat even through the night. It is indeed a very bustling street!
- There are also many international and local cafes, bars, and restaurants that cater to the food cravings of different types of travelers.
A visit to Hangzhou is indeed a must-do and part of your to-do list on your travel list. Plan a visit through Trip.com to have a hassle-free and memorable vacation. You will be happy with the choice of air travel, hotels, and local tours while in Hangzhou through Trip.com. It will certainly be an experience that you will never forget!