Hotels in Chongqing
Weather and Best Time to Travel to Chongqing
An extensive municipality located at the confluence of two of China’s biggest rivers - The Yangtze and Jialing, Chongqing is an important industrial center. And a famous administrative city as well. The city center is dominated by the massive Great Hall of the People, which is surrounded by a People’s Square. On the other side, there is the Three Gorges Museum, featuring many ancient Chinese artifacts and art pieces too.
Chongqing has mild and an intensely humid climate. The cold northern winds don’t enter the city as the Qin Mountains in Shaanxi block them. The city also sees no ice or frost during the winter months and the beginning of the year is when it is at its most pleasant. The best time to travel to Chongqing is two times. The first one is the spring, which is from March to May. And the second time is during Autumn, which is from September to October. These two times are perfect as the temperature is neither hot nor cold.
Airport in Chongqing
The Chongqing Jiangbei International Airport, located in the Yubei District is where most flights to and from the city board. The airport’s IATA code is derived from its previous anime, Chungking. The airport also has a 128-hour transit-free visa for foreigners from many countries, and they can visit the surrounding areas and explore the city further.
Getting to Chongqing from Chongqing Airport doesn’t take much time owing to the short commute of 20-30 kilometers. There are airport shuttle buses that can be taken from Terminal 2, and they are available with good frequency. They leave for the city every 30 minutes, with many stops - including the Jinzhou.
Transportation in Chongqing
Chongqing is well-connected by various modes of transport. Getting to Chongqing from Chongqing Jiangbei International Airport is not difficult. Metro Line 3 runs from the airport to the city center. It takes around 50 minutes to reach the city center. There is also an airport freeway that connects the airport to the city center. There are car rentals that can be hired from the airport as well. You can also find an English-speaking guide to show you around the city too.
The Chongqing Rail Transit (CRT) is the main metro that serves the city. It covers the entire expanse, so you don’t have to worry about being too far from one. Each attraction within the town is close to a metro station or the other. This way, it becomes easier to travel around with the English labels and guides at the stations.
There are also taxis in and around Chongqing, and they are popular and easily recognizable by their yellow color. The taxis are super affordable and don’t cost more than $8 for the first three kilometers, after which they are $1.8 for each kilometer. Most of the cabbies are Chinese, so ensure you have the name of your destination written in Chinese characters to make it easily recognizable for them.
How to get to Chongqing
Multiple flight carriers have their services operating to Chongqing. These include Finnair, Air China, Asiana, Qatar Airways, Singapore Airlines, and Hainan Airlines, among others. A lot of Europeans choose Finnair to travel to Chongqing owing to their inexpensive flights and connections via Helsinki. The prices for the flights vary from $421 to $2311.
There are long-distance buses from many major cities around the area, including Luzhou, Chengdu, Neijiang, and more. There are also trains which can be taken from cities such as Beijing or Shanghai which are farther away. These tickets can be purchased from all major stations and online as well.
How much are hotels in Chongqing
Chongqing hotels are available based on the luxury level you desire -
- For 5-star hotels in Chongqing bookings, you need to shell out $400 to $700.
- You can book Chongqing hotels in the 4-star range from $200 to $600.
- The 3-star hotels can be booked from $150 to $500.
- For cheap hotels in Chongqing, you can take hotels that range from $40 to $100.
Chongqing Tourist Information
Top tourist’s attractions in Chongqing-
There are many things to do in Chongqing, as it houses many cultural, historical, and natural attractions.
- You can start by visiting one of the incredible Chongqing Attractions like Dazy Rock Carvings. These are a series of religious sculptures that date as far back to the 7th Century AD. They depict many beliefs and philosophies related to Confucius, Taoism, and Buddhism. These shrines are rock-cut in the caves, in the usual Chinese-Buddhist style, but other rock reliefs are carved into the open rock faces.
- Another major attraction is Fengdu Ghost City. It is a large complex of temples, monasteries, and shrines. These are dedicated to the afterlife and located on the Ming mountain in Fengdu County.
- To understand more about the local history and culture, you can visit the Three Gorges Museum. It undertakes the preservation, education, and also scientific research work of the region, surrounded by the Yangtze River.
Top food places in Chongqing-
- To enjoy a taste of local Chongqing cuisine, you can head to Wai Po Qiao. It’s a name that translates to “Grandma’s Bridge,” and the area is well-known for all its spicy dishes. There are two sections - one that serves Sichuan food and the other serving hot pots. Another place to enjoy the city’s best hot pots are at Xiao Tian E. They have spicy versions and milder versions, and you can choose the broth that’s best suited for your palate and taste here.
- The Nova Venezia Pasta and Pizza allows those who want something different in the city. It serves pizzas and other Italian fares for the ex-pats who want a reprieve from the fiery broth options the city is known for. The tasty dishes here include the eggplant parmesan, tiramisu, calzones, plates of pasta, and pizzas.
- Zeng Lao Yao Yu Zhuang is another interesting and unique dining experience in the city. This restaurant is known for its fish and seafood delicacies. The best part of the hotel is that it is housed within an old bomb shelter built during the WW II era. The restaurant is close to the city center - Jiefangbei Square and is often crowded. Diners can enjoy the tender spare ribs and carp fish, among others.
You can head over to Trip.com and enjoy some of the best Chongqing hotel deals to have a safe, enjoyable, and memorable experience. Get the best discounts and deals and book your tickets right away!