Hotels in Johor Bahru
Weather and best time to travel to Johor Bahru
Nestled in the southern tip of the Malaysian Peninsula, in the beautiful city of Johor Bahru. It is the capital city of the state of Johor. Johor Bahru is one of the rapidly growing cities in the peninsula and is a major hub for several industries. The city is transforming into a major financial, medical, commercial, economical and manufacturing center, and thus contributes a significant amount of GDP to the country. The population of Johor Bahru is composed of several ethnic groups, where the Malays, the Chinese, and the Indian communities make up the bulk of the population. This dynamic mixture brings along an equally diverse cultural and traditional systems which have been sustained and celebrated by these communities for several decades.
Apart from this, the city has gained tremendous fame in its tourism industry in recent years. The city is filled with spectacular parks and magnificent monuments, each portraying the cultural richness of Malaysia. Also, a lot of people travel from Singapore to Johor Bahru to explore the gleaming malls and fascinating historical sites of Johor Bahru.
The city experiences a typical tropical climate all through the year. It is best to avoid visiting Johor Bahru in the monsoon months as sudden rains can ruin your plans. It is recommended to visit before or after the monsoon season to yield a better travel experience.
The nearby airport in Johor Bahru
Senai International Airport is the main airport that handles the air traffic of Johor Bahru and other surrounding regions. The airport is located in the town of Senai and is approximately 30 kilometers from the city. The airport operates regular flights to several international and national destinations. The Senai International Airport is built to handle approximately four million passengers and up to million tonnes of cargo every year.
There are several bus shuttle and taxi services actively transporting people between these two destinations. Hiring a taxi is the most preferred option to have a comfortable and quick ride to your hotel. The Skudai Highway is the main connecting road link between the Senai International Airport and Johor Bahru city. Also, several other road links and expressways link the neighboring cities of Singapore and Iskandar Puteri.
Transportation in Johor Bahru
The city boasts of a well-established transportation system, which is highly crucial to support the growing business and tourism industry of the region. Several expressways and highways crisscross the region to support the massive transit of goods and passengers to neighboring towns and cities.
The bus transit system is the most commonly preferred mode of transport in the city as the journey is cheap and comfortable. The Larkin Sentral is a major bus terminal in the city and operates round the clock bus services to many destinations.
The bus schedule can sometimes be erratic. Nevertheless, there is an abundant amount of taxis plying in the city if you want to have a quick and hassle-free ride to various places of interest.
How to get to Johor Bahru
The Senai International Airport acts as a crucial gateway to the southern region of the Malaysian Peninsula for tourists and passengers. Airline operators like AirAsia, Firefly, Indonesia AirAsia, Jin Air, Malaysia Airlines, and Thai AirAsia operate regular flights to several prominent destinations.
They conduct frequent flights to Thailand, Indonesia, and China. Additionally, there are seasonal flights to Saudi Arabia and Seoul from Johor Bahru city. Senai International Airport also operates a large number of domestic flights to Kuala Lumpur and Subang. Getting to Johor Bahru from Senai International Airport can be accomplished by utilizing the efficient public transport system of the city.
How much are hotels in Johor Bahru?
1. 5-star hotels: Lego land Malaysia Resort and KSL Hotel are some of the most expensive hotels in Johor Bahru and price around 280-300 AUD.
2. 4-star hotels: Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel and DoubleTree are some of the Johor Bahru hotels which are known for their excellent hospitality and exceptional services. They price around 100-120 AUD.
3. 3-star hotels: Have a keen eye for Johor Bahru hotel deals to grab exciting discounts and avail luxurious stay at lower prices. Susana All Suites Hotel and City View Suites typically charge around 60 AUD.
4. 2-star hotels: There are a few good 2-star hotels, and you can book hotels in Johor Bahru in advance to save money in your travel budget. Check-In and Tune Hotel are some of the cheap hotels in Johor Bahru with prices around 20-30 AUD.
Johor Bahru tourist information
Top tourist attractions in Johor Bahru
Johor Bahru attractions are plenty, so it is recommended to plan efficiently to maximize the number of destinations you visit.
- Grand Palace: the grand palace or the ‘Istana Besar’ is one of the majestic buildings of the city. The structure’s framework is an impressive blend of Anglo and Malayan architecture. This century-old monument also houses a museum showcasing the glorious past of Johor Bahru. The Grand Palace is predominantly dedicated to state and royal functions.
- Johor Zoo: an ideal destination for an animal lover. Built-in the early 1900s, the zoo houses more than 100 faunal species of varying diversity. The facility offers a haven for several mammal, reptile, and avian species. They also allow visitors to interact with the animals during feeding.
- Lego Land Malaysia: this international theme park is loaded with exciting games, rides, attractions, and fun activities. People from around the globe visit this mesmerizing place to play with countless pieces of Lego Bricks.
Top food places in Johor Bahru
There are many things to do in Johor Bahru, and trying out the local cuisine and flavors is one of them. The street food in Johor Bahru is famed across the country for its mouth-watering dishes.
1. Salahuddin Bakery: this bakehouse finds its origin in the 1930s and has since been baking yummy delicacies for customers. The curry puffs are the prime highlight of the bakery and have enchanted people for decades.
2. Kam Long Fish Head Curry is yet another endemic dish of Malayan cuisine. This dish is a brilliant consortium of delicious sauces, juicy vegetables, vibrant spices, and, most importantly, the fish. There are several restaurants near the City Square where you will harness the chance of savoring this exquisite dish.
3. Medan Selera Meldrum Walk: this street becomes vibrant in the evening when the roads of Johor Bahru flourish with local street food vendors. They begin to narrate their cooking expertise through their skills and raw materials to craft out some of the best foods in the country. Try out the irresistible laksa and the Ikan Bakar here.
For more details on how to book Johor Bahru hotels, visit Trip.com