Choose the chic Crowne Plaza Milan City hotel for modern design in the heart of the business district, with easy access to Milan's attractions. The copper and glass facade of Crowne Plaza Milan City towers above this traditional business and residential area. Modern design impresses from the moment you arrive, with large flowers embossed on curved white walls, among gleaming black and white marble. Refresh with a cocktail on a soft white sofa in the Metropolitan Lounge Bar and soak up peaceful views of the garden courtyard . Crowne Plaza Milan City is in Milan's financial and business district, a 5-minute walk from Milan Central rail station . From here shuttle buses and trains whizz to Milan?Malpensa Airport , 45km away, and Linate Airport, 8km away. Hop on the yellow metro line outside the hotel at Sondrio station and speed directly to Duomo Piazza and the magnificent?Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II. Style dominates our guest rooms, all with wireless Internet, and families love our interconnecting rooms. You'll find complimentary wireless Internet in the Superior rooms or Junior Suites, and in the Lobby area. Host a conference for up to 70 guests in our 4 modern meeting rooms and we'll arrange every detail. Relaxation is easy with a complimentary Turkish bath for all guests. Or indulge in some tempting Italian specialities at the chic Metropolitan Restaurant at Crowne Plaza Milan City .
Hotels in Milan
Milan is the financial capital city of Italy and is also called the “moral capital” of the country. It is a fast-paced, thriving cosmopolitan business hub. It is a paradise for shopping, fashion, football, opera, with a perfect nightlife scene. It is famous for its historical architectural masterpieces of the Gothic and Franco-Roman era. It has been recognized among the world’s four fashion capital cities. The city hosts some luxurious hotels and restaurants along with some distinct culinary treats.
Weather, Best time to travel
The city of Milan is located in the north-western area of the Po Valley in Italy. The city center forms an ancient system of navigable canals due to its concentric layout. It has a humid subtropical climate with hot and humid summer and cold winters. Spring and autumns generally have mild temperatures and are the best time for visitors to flock this ancient city. Most of the businesses and shops are open during this time of the year. You can also try visiting during the winters and little early before Christmas to welcome the festive season.
Airport/ Nearby airport
Milan has two international airports and Milano Malpensa Airport is the biggest of them all. Besides, there are other two airports serving low-cost airlines as well. From Malpensa airport, you can easily reach the city center via taxi, shuttle buses or by train. Linate Airport is very close to the city center and it is served by buses and other local transport services. Taxis from the Linate Airport cost around 31 SGD to reach the city center.
Getting to Milan from Milan Airport is easy. Milan is well connected with other cities via two major national train companies that run the entire train network at the regional level. It is a major transport hub in the region with many private cars and vehicles coming from other neighboring countries like France and Switzerland. You can go easily around the city via the Metro network or via trams or streetcars that run above the ground on rail-lines and allow you to take a tour of the city.
Reaching the city of Milan
The international airports in Milan serve almost 45 million passengers a year. Alitalia and RyanAir are some of the well-known flight carriers that serve this region. It serves domestic as well as international flights to some of the major cities in the country and abroad. It is a major transportation hub in Italy with many travelers flocking the city for business and holiday trips from across the world.
Hotel info, prices for different hotel range
Take a close look at some of the best 5 Star Milan hotels as given below:-
- Hotel VIU Milan is located at the heart of the city, being just 9km away from the main airport. Its luxurious establishment and world-class amenities attract tourist all year round. It hosts a series of world-class recreational facilities with exceptional quality service to keep the guests entertained. Room rates range from 244 SGD and may vary accordingly.
- TownHouse Duomo is located in a wonderful location overlooking the great Cathedral of Milan. With close proximity to the Duomo Metro and easy access to several tourist hotspots, it is one of the favorite hotels for tourists. It offers mesmerizing scenery in its backdrop with elegant and friendly staff for a comfortable stay in Milan. Room rates range from 820 SGD for one night per person and may vary accordingly.
Some of the best 3-star hotels in Milan are listed below:-
- 43 Station Hotel is a popular option among travelers due to its unique location next to some tourist hotspots. It offers some of the best facilities and essential amenities with impeccable support staff. Room rates range from 82 SGD for one night per person and may vary accordingly.
- Mokinba Hotels Cristallo is located close to the Milan Train Station and a supermarket. It offers affordable rooms with personalized service and a friendly environment. It provides some of the best facilities in its premises. Room rates range from 89 SGD for one night per person and may vary accordingly.
Some of the best cheap hotels in Milan are given below:-
- Hotel Marte offers exceptional service with free Wi-Fi and a comfortable stay. It is located 2 km away from the city center and 8.4 km from the airport. It offers some of the best facilities and a free coffee area on its premises. Room rates range from 76 SGD for one night per person and may vary accordingly.
- Hotel Dateo is situated in a prime location and only 2 km away from the city center. It offers some of the best-unrivaled services and facilities in the city. It has a wonderful garden with fresh air to help the guests unwind after a trip to the city. Room rates range from 76 SGD for one night per person and may vary accordingly.
Milan Tourist Information
Top tourist attractions in Milan
Some of the best-known tourists attractions in Milan are as follows:-
- The Milan Cathedral is one of the top Milan attractions and an architectural masterpiece as tourists throng this iconic place to admire its perfectly carved marble statues. Take a bird’s eye view of the city from the Cathedral’s terrace.
- Simplon Park is the largest park in the city. Tourists come here to relax after an exhilarating tour of the city.
- Opera at Teatro Alla Scala is regarded as the world’s most prestigious opera house. Here, you will find some of the historical mementos of some of the world’s greatest art performers like Rossini, Verdi, etc.
Top food places in Milan
Here is a list of some popular dining places in Milan:-
- One of the best things to do in Milan is to eat out in Paola Sarpi and the adjoining areas and try the delicious Chinese food delicacies. Chinese traditional dumplings, ramen, and noodles are a favorite here.
- Try the Milanese risotto, which is traditional rice served in most of the restaurants. Visitors can also try the pork and cabbage stew in some of the restaurants served at the Brera and Quadrilatero Della Moda area.
- Indulge in the Italian style cheese platter or with some wine-soaked cheese at Gorgonzola in greater Milan.
Get the best discounts and other offers while you book Milan hotels from Trip.com. Trip.com offers you the best services on flight and hotel reservations. Also, get the best Milan hotel deals from the comfort of your home through our online portal or contact our 24X7 customer service desk.