Ibis Melaka is a popular choice amongst travelers in Malacca, whether exploring or just passing through. Offering a variety of facilities and services, the hotel provides all you need for a good night's sleep. To be found at the hotel are 24-hour front desk. Each guestroom is elegantly furnished and equipped with handy amenities. The hotel offers various recreational opportunities. For reliable service and professional staff, ibis Melaka caters to your needs.
Hotels in Malacca
Weather and Best time to travel to Malacca City
Malacca City or Melaka, as it is commonly called, is the capital city of Malacca, a state in peninsular Malaysia. Malacca City is located on the mouth of Malacca River on the Straits of Malacca. Malacca City is the feather in Malaysia’s tourism industry with its historical landmarks, art galleries, colonial buildings, food scene, and colourful trishaws.
The city has been given the title of the unofficial historical capital of Malaysia due to its rich history and cultural heritage from the earlier rules under Portuguese, Dutch and British. With its eclectic blend of architecture, customs, culture, food, and lifestyle, the historical city centre of Melaka is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and helped Malacca City in attaining the current stature in the tourism industry.
Malacca City experiences an equatorial climate with hot and humid weather throughout the year. The day temperatures range between 86 °F(30 °C) to 95 °F(35 °C) and the night temperature between 81 °F(27 °C) to 84 °F(29 °C). The stable weather and moderate temperatures of the city make it a year-round tourist destination. Popular months to visit are from April to July when the temperatures are a bit mild.
Airport in Malacca City/Nearby airport in Malacca City
Malacca City is served by Malacca International Airport (MKZ) for all its domestic and international flights. The airport was formerly known as Batu Berendam airport due to its location in the small town of the same name, Batu Berendam. Malacca international airport is also the main airport for the state of Malacca, northern Johor, and other nearby towns. It is one of the seven airports of Malaysia who have the facility of giving e-Visa to Chinese tourists on arrival.
The Malacca International Airport has several amenities for the comfort of the passengers including shops, eateries, and taxis for commuting. For getting to Malacca City from Malacca International Airport, taxis are the best option. Though there are local buses and monorail, travelling with luggage is a bit cumbersome in them. Tourists can also ask their hotel for a shuttle service or take a rental car.
Transportation in Malacca
Malacca City has several options for local transport such as Monorail, buses, taxis, rental cars, bike share, and trishaws. Travelling by local buses is the best method as the routes cover most of the city and nearby areas and the fares are nominal, starting at approximately SGD 1.
The city has numerous taxis but the taxi drivers are not very professional and known for overcharging the passengers, especially foreigners. So taking an app-based taxi like UBER or the local Grab is a better option with prices starting at SGD 8 approximately. Rental cars and bike share are also available. Though Malacca is not a small city it is very convenient to explore on foot too especially the historical city centre.
How to get to Malacca
Malacca, though a prominent tourist destination, doesn’t have flights from many major cities. Passengers generally travel to Kuala Lumpur or Penang via flight and then travel to Malacca city by air or by road. There are many daily flights from Kuala Lumpur to Malacca City by Malindo Air and Batik Air. The flight usually takes from 10 hours to 15 hours depending on the number of stops in between and the flight fare is starting at SGD 170. From Penang, the flight fare is starting at SGD 20. The flights from Penang are by Malindo air and AirAsia Airlines and the flight usually takes approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes. There are also few flights daily from Pekanbaru by Malindo Air. The flights generally take one hour to reach Malacca City and cost SGD 85.
Hotel info, prices for different hotel range
Malacca City has a range of accommodation choices for its tourists. One can choose high-quality hotels in Malacca City to cheap hotels in Malacca City at an affordable price. The prices for different types of Malacca City hotels are:
- 5 star – Malacca city centre with prices starting from SGD 137.
- 4 Star- Malacca city centre with prices starting from SGD 50.
- 3 Star- Melaka Raya which starts SGD 34.
- 2 Star- Heritage Area with a starting price of SGD 15.
Malacca City Tourist Information
Top tourist attractions in Malacca City
The historical Malacca City is full of tourist attractions. Tourists have an enjoyable holiday with many things to do in Malacca City. Prominent Malacca City attractions are:
- A Famosa- It is a former fortress of Portuguese rule and one of the most popular Malacca city attractions. The old fort still has some parts of European architecture.
- Saint Paul’s Church- This is a historical Church of Malacca City from the 15th century. The church is located at the scenic St Paul hill and is a part of the Malacca Museum Complex, which includes the A Famosa fortress, Stadthuys, and other historical buildings of Malacca City.
- Stadthuys- It is a historical structure of Malacca City also known as the Red Square. The historical building is known for its red exteriors and the red clock tower nearby built-in 1650 by the Dutch.
Top food places in Malacca
Malacca City offers a good selection of cuisines from Malay to Chinese as well as international cuisine. Seafood along with Peranakan (Nonya or Nyonya) cuisine dishes is most popular with the locals. The city has a good range of restaurants and local eateries serving delicious food. The best places to eat in Malacca City are:
- Melaka Raya- A good place to find most of the high-end restaurants, pubs, bars, and night clubs. It is the only area where one can enjoy the nightlife in Malacca city.
- Jonker Street- the Street is lined with shops selling local products and eateries serving local dishes. One should not miss trying the local dishes such as Nyonya laksa and cendol here.
- Portuguese Settlement- It is a popular area to enjoy Portuguese and Eurasian cuisine and dishes. The area has a great concentration of shops and restaurants. The area is famous for its seafood and spicy “devil curries”.
Malacca City is a quaint city preferred by tourists for its historical and cultural appeal. Trip.com will help you plan a memorable holiday to Malacca City. Avail great savings on Malacca City hotel deals as you book Malacca City hotels with your flight ticket bookings. Get all details about Malacca City including the attractions, restaurants, weather, transport, etc. on the Trip.com site. The efficient 24-hour customer support is there for your assistance. Enjoy a well-planned Malacca City vacation with Trip.com.