Hotels in Makati
Best time to travel to Makati
Makati is an urban city and a financial hub in the Metro Manila Region, Philippines. Its cosmopolitan culture is highly influenced by the growing businesses in this region and has led the towering of modern skyscrapers at large. Since Makati has a tropical monsoon climate do not be surprised with the unprecedented rainfall in your next visit to this region. However, January to April is the months that are generally considered most ideal to travel to Makati as there is less rainfall. The temperature in this region usually does not fluctuate too much as it floats between 20 degrees C to38 degrees C. If you are not fond of rain, then skipping the month of August to travel is the best thing to do. For getting acquainted by the rich Philippine culture in Makati and treating yourself with a fine-dining experience clubbed with warmer weather, the month of May is ideal.
Airport in Makati
Makati is an urban metro[oils in the Philippines where you can get all the world-class amenities. It is also a paradise for shopaholics as they are spoilt for choices from upscale shopping malls to high fashion brands under one roof. A stay at its luxurious hotels and enjoying its glitzy bar scenes are popular with the tourists here. Having said that, you can also find a lot of hotels and restaurants that fit in your budget.
The Ninoy Aquino International Airport or Manila Airport is in close proximity to Makati city as it is just 5kms away from the MNL. This airport is located in Manila, Its Terminal 1 has 16-gates and 28 immigration stations to speed up the immigration process and assist its growing number of passengers every year and serves most of the international airlines. While Terminal 2 is divided into North wing and SOuth wing which has designated ground floors to handle arrival traffic and top floors with spacious departure areas. The South wing however serves only domestic flights. Terminal 3 supports a smooth flow of international transfers and Terminal 4 serves only domestic carriers like Philippine Air Asia, Air SWIFT, and Skyjet.
Transportation in Makati
Getting to Makati from Makati Airport is easy as there are buses every 15 min from Terminal 1 of MNL to Manali city and the journey approximately takes 35 min. However, the fastest way to get to Makati City from MNL is through a taxi that costs around 350 INR and takes roughly 10 min. Yellow taxis are the official airport taxis which are highly recommended for tourists as it is safe and metered. As soon as you are out of the terminal you can find a yellow metered Taxi ENtrance and the fare costs about 9 $ to the downtown. There are also Premium Airport buses that are cheaper than taxis to connect to various parts of the city from the MNL. For a more affordable journey, you can go for public buses or MRT trains which roughly costs about 2 $ per head but remember that you have to face a cumbersome experience to reach your destinations with these transport facilities.
How to get to the destination
Famous rooftop parties and flea markets are some of the popular things to do in Makati. The distance from Singapore to Makati is approximately 2390 km. The fastest way to reach Makati from Singapore is by flight which roughly takes 3 hrs 45 min to reach NAIA. The flight fares vary between 130 SGD to 195 SGD. AirAsia Berhad, Philippine Airlines, and Singapore Airlines are some of the carriers that take you from Singapore Changi Airport to the NAIA. It is advisable to get your tickets from Singapore to Makati booked a couple of months before travel to get flights at reasonable rates avoiding the last minute expensive fares. Once you land in NAIA there are several transport facilities from buses, taxis to MRT trains to reach the downtown of Makati.
Hotel info, prices for different Hotel range
Though Makati has an urban feel to it, it has an abundance of choices when it comes to Hotels in Makati. From luxury stays to budget-friendly options Makati Hotels has it all.
- Makati has excellent 5-star hotels like the City Garden GRAND Hotel, Makati Diamond Residences, Makati Shangri-la Hotel, and New World Makati Hotel with high-class amenities. These 5-star hotels offer unparalleled customer services and are located in a friendly neighborhood with easy access to shopping and dining. Get a stay in these places whose Makati Hotel deals range from 250 SGD to 400 SGD.
- You can book Makati hotels with great amenities in Somerset Millenium Makati, Citadines, Salcedo Makati, and Holiday Inn and Suites Makati which are some of the 4-star hotels in Makati that render top-class amenities at affordable prices. The room fares vary between 220 SGD to 330 SGD in these hotels which have a lot of indoor activities and a spacious outdoor for guests.
- Makati also has accommodations like the Makati Palace Hotel, Artemis Place Makati, Citadel Inn Makati, and Oxford Suites Makati which are 3-star hotels that fit your budget and preferences. You can find comfortable rooms in the popular neighborhoods of Makati within 120 SGD to 180 SGD.
- If you are looking for a stay that is not heavy on your pocket then there is a wide range of 2-star hotels and backpackers hostels available in Makati. The Metro Manila region has decent staying options that range within a budget of 120 SGD. Get cheap hotels in Makati with good discounts by booking them well in advance.
Top tourists attraction in the city
Some of the Makati attractions which are popular with the locals and tourists are below:
Get immersed in the rich history and culture of the Filipino in the amazing artifacts and exhibited in the Ayala Museum. This is a modern museum which is located in the Ayala Center displaying various archeological exhibits that portray the journey of the Filipinos to date. There is a shopping center close to the museum for endless shopping and dining experience right after an educational insight inside the museum. This is a huge gallery with 4 floors and has an entry fee of around 420 Pesos per person. For a deeper understanding of the artifacts, an audio tour is recommended.
Ayala Triangle Garden
Experience the green space of Makati away from the chaos of the city in the Ayala Triangle Garden which is a huge park that covers an area of 2-hectares. It is located in the Makati Central BUsiness district and is considered perfect for relaxing, jogging, eating, and also people watching. This place has a diverse range of trees which includes golden palms and rain trees besides beautiful art pieces. Enjoy the spectacle of the Gallery of Lights which is on display from 6 pm-10 pm within the garden area.
Kidzania is a wonderland for children and a lot more than usual theme parks. It is an indoor family entertainment arena in the Metro Manila Region which allows children between 4-17 years and work in various role-playing activities and earn currency.
Top food places
Besides numerous things to do in Makati, this city is also home to beautiful restaurants and sumptuous food.
- Urban Avenue is the secret place to enjoy different international cuisine including Singaporean and Indonesian cuisines besides the popular Chinese cuisine. Explore the Hawker food stalls in the urban avenue for lip-smacking chicken noodles and spicy chicken.
- Ayala Avenue has many upscale restaurants to treat your taste buds. Be it a traditional Filipino breakfast or a western breakfast Ayala Avenue has it all. You can also have a bowl of delicious ramen if you have budget constraints.
- Dela Rosa street is another interesting neighborhood with delicious food choices from vegan salad to excellent tacos. This street also has some fine-dining restaurants that serve Thai food and deep-fried crispy pork and smoked beef ribs which are popular with the tourists.
Visit the urban jungle of Philipines, that is the Makati city with Trip.com for great flight fares and hotel accommodations with discount prices. We also cater to 24/7 customer service and great deals.