Hotels in Genting Highlands
Genting Highlands, currently known as Resorts World Genting, is an integrated hilltop development in Malaysia. It was nothing more than an unexplored hilltop until Tan Sri Lim Goh Tong, a prominent Malaysian-Chinese businessman, decided to revamp it into a hilltop resort complete with hotels, casinos, theme parks and shopping malls. It is Malaysia’s version of Las Vegas and the only place in the country where gambling is legally allowed. With over 50 fun rides, casinos, shopping malls, eateries, and business convention centres, this resort has something to offer to every visitor.
It is set atop Mount Ulu Kali, at a height of 1800 meters, bordering the two states Pahang and Selangor. The breathtaking views from the resort are to die for and is a favorite among the locals to get away from the normal humid climate in Malaysia.
Weather, the Best time to travel
The climate in Genting Highlands is always pleasant, sort of spring-like. It is classified as a tropical rainforest climate. It is mostly sunny with abundant rainfall, especially during the monsoon season. The best time to visit would be between March and September when it is much cooler. Ideally, the temperature here is pretty stable between 15 °C to 28 °C, making it an all year round favorite among tourists. So you can just pack your bags and head here for some adventure.
Genting Highlands is about 35 kilometres from Kuala Lumpur which makes Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) the closest one at around 117 kilometres by road. The airport which is about 45 kilometres from Kuala Lumpur city centre is in Sepang District. KLIA is the main international airport in Malaysia and the busiest in the country. There are frequent flights operating to China, South Korea, Japan, the Middle East and the rest of Asia. Kuala Lumpur is connected to the rest of the world by direct and connecting flight. Malaysia Airlines and Cathay Pacific are some of the major airlines flying out of KLIA. There are daily non-stop flights operating from Singapore to KLIA and the flight time is just one hour.
Kuala Lumpur is just an hour’s drive from Genting Highlands. It has a well-developed transportation system connecting the city to the suburbs and the rest of the country. Public transport includes rail, road and taxi. Rail transport includes monorail, mass rapid transport (MRT), commuter rail, airport rail link and light rapid transit (LRT) among others. KL Sentral is the main railway station which acts as a connecting hub.
The preferred mode of transport in Kuala Lumpur is by car and so there are well-connected highways here. Travelling by taxi could prove expensive as it has been reported that the taxi drivers hardly go by the meter.
How to get to the destination
If you are travelling from outside Malaysia, you need to take a flight to Kuala Lumpur International Airport to get to Genting Highlands. This airport gets both domestic and international flights. Getting to Genting Highlands from Kuala Lumpur International Airport takes about one to two hours depending on whether you choose a taxi or airport shuttle. The Aerobus provides regular services to Genting Highlands from KLIA and the fare comes to about RM35. The passengers are dropped off at Awana Bus Terminal next to the Skylab Cable car station. From here you can take a cable car to the summit which takes about 16 minutes. This cable car ride will cost you around RM5. If you’re travelling during weekends or holidays, remember to take the cable car booking in advance as it could get sold out pretty soon.
For those you from Singapore, buses are operating from Singapore to Genting Highlands, and it takes about seven hours. Some of these buses take you right up to First World Hotel, avoiding the hassle of taking a taxi or cable car from the base.
Hotel Info, prices for different hotel range
The variety of hotels in Genting Highlands is surprising. Within Genting Highlands Resort there are seven hotels with more than 10,000 rooms. You can book Genting Highlands hotels based on your budget. You will find hotels ranging from budget to 5-star, catering to all types of tourists. The quality and service of Genting Highlands hotels, irrespective of their star rating, are outstanding.
- You have a variety of 5-star hotels to choose from with all the world-class amenities. The rates start from RM186 per night.
- Some of the 4-star hotels are priced from RM 176 per night.
- A 3-star accommodation here starts from around RM106 per night.
You can find cheap hotels in Genting Highlands if you check online.
Genting Highlands Tourist Information
Top tourist attractions in Genting Highlands
There is no dearth of things to do in Genting Highlands. Listed below are some of Genting Highlands attractions.
- Outdoor Theme Park – This theme park has is a must-visit for kids as well as adults. The water slides and roller-coasters here offer an adrenaline rush. The kids have several rides suitable for their age. The Flying Coaster and Space Shot rides are not for the faint of heart.
- Snow World – If you’re someone who has never experienced snow and want to get a feel of it, you should visit Snow World. You can have all the fun you want throwing snowballs at each other and building snowmen. It is a winter village complete with igloos and snowfalls. And don’t miss out on the major attraction here, Cresta Run, a snow slide.
- Casino de Genting – Itching to try your hand at gambling? Head to Casino de Genting, where you can gamble without worrying about the legal implications as it’s legally valid here. They have 30 tables and 3000 slot machines. It is open 24 hours a day and has several sections including VIP rooms.
Top food places in Genting Highlands
You will find plenty of restaurants within Genting Highlands serving up cuisines from around the world.
- If you want to have a quick bite to eat, you can visit some of the fast-food eateries here. They serve everything from burgers to fish and chips.
- If you want a taste of the local cuisine, even that is available in abundance here. Pork rice, teo chew porridge and other local favourites are served.
- Depending on your palate, you can choose from Japanese, Cantonese, Malaysian, Chinese, Spanish and British and fine-dining restaurants.
For the best Genting Highlands deals, be sure to make your travel booking on Trip.com. You can book your entire vacation including transportation and stay using this one-stop solution for a truly hassle-free experience. So go ahead and start booking.