First, you'll journey back in time to old Shanghai. Enjoy half an hour exploring the old city's characterful Old Street, with its rebuilt houses and souvenir stands, before your guide leads you round the Yuyuan Garden, first built in the sixteenth century, and a masterpiece of Chinese garden design. Sip Chinese tea in a traditional Shanghai teahouse before you hop back on the coach.
You'll arrive at The Bund at 10:30am, where you'll walk with your guide past landmarks of colonial architecture as he explains the history of this iconic strip of waterfront.
Now, cross the river to high-tech, modern-day Lujiazui, You'll have free time to walk around, as your guide explains Shanghai's complicated history, and how the city has grown since it was opened as a free port in 1843.
Then it's back on the coach and off to a local restaurant for an included Chinese lunch: you'll have an hour to relax and feast before hopping back on the coach at 1pm.
Board the coach for the drive to Pearl City Market, a contemporary mall with great value souvenirs, including pearls: you'll have half an hour to stock up here before you get another taste of modern day Shanghai.
By 2:30pm you'll be at People's Square, visit Shanghai Museum, which holds China's best collection of treasures from ancient bronzes, exquisitely carved jades and Ming and Qing dynasty antique furniture.
The next stop is the Old French Concession, where you'll explore atmospheric alleyways with your guide, and window-shop for arts and crafts. You'll have around half an hour more to explore the Old French Concession, the base for foreign traders in China for over a century, and still a vibrant and characterful international district.
You'll be dropped at Yun's Paradise Hotel around 6pm, or your own hotel by 6:30pm.
Departure Time: 8:00 AM
Departure Point: Traveler pickup is offered
:Tour option details are as follows
Option Departure Time: 8:00 AM
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Tour guide
- Transfers between attractions by air-conditioned coach
- Chinese lunch served at a local restaurant
- Entry/Admission - The Bund (Wai Tan)
- Entry/Admission - Yu Garden (Yuyuan)
- Entry/Admission - Pearl city Market
- Gratuities for guide and driver (recommended)
- Global Financial Center top floor admission ticket (approx. CNY180 per person)
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
How to Use It
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Your voucher will be sent to your email after your booking is confirmed. Please check the usage instructions on your voucher for more info about how to use it
- Any traveler groups not mentioned in the booking options are not applicable for voucher use.
Infant: Age 0 to 1
Adult: Age 12 to 99
Child: Age 2 to 11
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 adults per booking is required
Hotel information should be provided 24 hours before departure
Not wheelchair accessible
Most travelers can participate
This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers