The Musée de l'Orangerie is a gallery of Impressionist and Post-Impressionist paintings and while the larger-than-life Water Lilies by Monet are definitely the main event, they're far from the only reason to visit. Located in an old Orangerie in the heart of Paris, this museum is notable for having an impressive amount of Monets in a decadently light and airy setting. If you're looking for a more intimate experience than the Louvre, then Musée de l'Orangerie tickets could be for you.
In fact, Monet himself donated the paintings to the French state as World War I was coming to a close, as his way of contributing to the country's victory. His only condition was that his paintings be housed in a suitable venue. The then-underused Orangerie in the Tuileries Garden was just the spot.
Your Musée de l'Orangerie tickets let you bask in the full glory of the Water Lilies series. The paintings are set in two oval rooms that display eight massive (2x6-meter) canvases that were purpose-built to the artist's specifications. Pore over the painstaking detail of each canvas, lovingly painted by a cataract-ridden Monet. He was adamant that the canvases be drenched in natural light to reflect the en-plein-air nature of his work. You may recognize one of these rooms as the setting for a key scene in Woody Allen's 2011 movie, Midnight in Paris.
The museum also displays works by the likes of Cézanne, Matisse, Picasso, Renoir, and Rousseau, among others. You'll leave with a sense of zen after roaming through the Musée de l'Orangerie's meditative art spaces that flow into each other and pay homage to some of the finest art of the 20th century.
- Admission tickets
- Entrance to the museum via dedicated line (but you can't skip the security check)
- Access to the permanent and temporary exhibitions
- All personal expenses and expenses not mentioned in the inclusions
Change & Refund Policies
- Once this product is successfully booked, it cannot be changed or cancelled
How to Use It
- All times are given in local time
- You'll receive your Trip.com booking confirmation and e-voucher upon successful booking
- Simply present the e-voucher to receive your admission ticket
- Opening hours: 09:00-18:00 (Wednesday to Monday)
- Last admission: 17:15
- Musée de l'Orangerie is closed on Tuesdays
- Please check the official website for the most up-to-date opening hours before your visit
- Address: Musée de l'Orangerie, jardin des Tuileries, 75001, Paris
- The security check is mandatory for all visitors
- Big bags and suitcases aren't allowed inside and there are no lockers available
- Last admission: 45 minutes before closing