Hotels in Xi'an
Weather and best time to travel to Xi'an
Xi’an, one of the oldest cities in China has been the longest-serving capital of several dynasties for nearly 1200 years. Changan, as it was known then, was the starting point of the Silk Route which linked China and the Mediterranean region.
Located in the fertile Guanzhong plain it is bounded by the Quinling Mountains to the south and the Weihe River to the north. Thus, geographically it enjoys a strategic position. The year is divided into four distinct seasons. The monsoon season with heavy rains is from July to September. Cold and dry winters are followed by hot summers. However, tourist season is generally during the spring (March) and later in the autumn (November)
AIRPORT / NEARBY AIRPORT
Xi'an Xianyang International Airport is the main airport in Xi’an. The airport serves the whole of Guanzhong province. It is the largest airport situated in Northeast China and the second largest airport in Northern China. It handles an extremely large number of passengers making it one of the busiest by traffic movements’ in China. It is within the range of 50 kilometers to any part of Xi’an city. Xi’an airport has three terminals, of which terminal 2 and Terminal 3 operate domestic flights and International flights operate from Terminal 3. New terminals and runways have been added to handle the increasing influx of passengers. For any passenger, multiple modes of transport are available for getting to Xi’an from Xi'an Xianyang International Airport.
From Xi’an Xianyang International Airport, transit buses convey passengers in an hour’s time to downtown Xi’an. An alternative mode of transport is the taxi which offers a comfortable ride at a slightly steep fare. You may even pre-book a private car from the travel agency. English speaking escorts are provided on request.
To move around in the city taxis are easily available. Hotels provide business cards to their guests which helps the driver to drop his passenger at the exact address.
At present, five metro lines are operating in Xi’an. By 2021, it is estimated that around 8 new metro lines will come into force to serve the population of Xi’an. Metro tickets can be purchased by using Metro App and Alipay.
The bus lines connect the major tourist spots but passengers are expected to carry exact change as public buses do not give change.
Bicycles are still the most popular mode of transport to explore the city.
HOW TO GET TO DESTINATION
From India (Delhi, Mumbai, etc.) there are a number of daily flights to Xi’an. However, none of them are direct flights i.e. they have either one or two stops to reach Xi’an.
On average a ticket from Mumbai and /or Delhi is priced at â‚¹25,000 to 50,000 per person.
The flight duration is between 11 to 14 hours with 1 stoppage in either Hong Kong or Singapore.
Another alternative to reaching Xi’an is to take a flight to Beijing and then from there board a Bullet train which connects Beijing to Xi’an. The train runs at a speed of 250-300 km/hr. Hence the distance of around 1256 Km is completed in 4-6 hours. The average cost of a ticket will be between USD 75 to USD 236. There are over 20 bullet trains daily from Beijing to Xi’an.
HOTEL INFORMATION, PRICES FOR DIFFERENT HOTEL RANGE
To book Xi’an hotels, one can refer to some Xi’an hotel deals listed below:
- 5 stars hotels in Xi’an: World-class amenities and luxury can be found in Hotel Hyatt Regency Xian and Impression Nanhu Lake Homestay which can cost around â‚¹10,500 per night
- 4 stars hotels in Xi’an: Eastern House Boutique Hotel Xi’an and Grand Noble Hotel Xi’an are among many hotels known for their affordable luxury which can cost around â‚¹7,000 per night.
- 3 Stars hotels in Xi’an: Hotel Inn Suites Xi’an- High Tech Zone which costs around â‚¹ 5,500/per room/per night
- 2 stars hotels in Xi’an: For people on a tight budget, Xi’an 7 sages Youth Hostel International which costs around â‚¹ 750 /per room/per night can be considered as a cheap hotel in Xi’an.
Xi'an TOURIST INFORMATION
TOP TOURIST ATTRACTIONS IN XI’AN
Xi’an, with a 3000-year-old history, ranks next only to Beijing as an important tourist destination. Because of its historical significance, a traveler can find many things to do in Xi’an. The following sites are generally ranked among the top three places of Xi’an attractions:
- The Terracotta Warriors and Horses: The Terracotta warriors are considered to be a remarkable archaeological discovery of the 20th century. Dating back to the 3rd century BCE, these life-size, terracotta soldiers in battle formation are referred to as the afterlife guard troops of the emperor Qin Shihuang.
- The Ancient City Wall: The Ancient City Wall was built in the 14th century during the reign of Emperor Zhu Yuanzhang. There are 98 ramparts and a deep moat surrounding it against enemy attacks. It figures among the largest defense systems of ancient history.
- Big Wild Goose Pagoda: The Giant Wild Goose Pagoda (Dayan Pagoda) figures as an important Buddhist site in the World Heritage list and it gives a panoramic view of the city.
TOP FOOD PLACES IN XI’AN
Some of the best Chinese cuisine in Xi’an can be found in the following restaurants:
- Ancient and Modern Changan Tea House: Ancient and Modern Changan Tea House is located on 123, Changan Middle road. Its specialty is Shaanxi cuisine and one even gets a glimpse of Shaanxi culture in the form of shadow Puppetry and Qinqiang Opera Performances.
- Amber Palace: Amber Palace is a fine dining restaurant and offers both Indian and South Asian cuisine in a cozy ambiance with a caring staff attentive to every detail. Both traditional and modern dishes are packed with fresh ingredients that emanate exotic flavors. It’s located in Mandy Plaza and can be easily reached by bus.
- Beijing restaurant: The Beijing Restaurant is also a fine dining restaurant owned by Chef Ku, a Cantonese Master Chef. This exquisite restaurant offers authentic Cantonese cuisine packed with fresh ingredients and exotic flavors
Check out the best hotels and budget offers on trip.com and book a friendly holiday today. You will enjoy every moment of your planned tour.