Hotels in Manila
Weather, Best time to travel
Manila is one of the busiest and largest cities in South Asia as it consists of more than 7000 islands that form the nations known as the Philippines. Manila is located in southern Luzon and it lies 1100 kilometres towards the south-east of Hong Kong. Manila has evolved from its humble beginnings as a village and it has grown to become the educational, governmental, and commercial centre of the country. Now, Manila is the lively hub of the Philippines known as Metro Manila as it is one of the nine cities of the metropolis. Manila is a mix of old and new traditions and customs and it is a vibrant city with centuries-old buildings, shopping malls, museums, high-rise hotels and skyscrapers, resto-bars, discotheques, casinos, and restaurants makes the city amazing. Manila weather has two seasons – dry and rainy seasons. Summer seasons lasts from December to April and the rainy seasons are from May to November. The best time to travel to Manila is from November to February.
The Manila International Airport is known as Ninoy Aquino International Airport. It is located between the cities of Paranaque and Pasay which is 7 kilometres towards the south of the city. There are four terminals in NAIA and Terminal 1 and Terminal 3 serves international flights, Terminal 2 serves both domestic and international flights and Terminal 4 serves only domestic flights. Getting to Manila city from NAIA Airport takes about 25-30 minutes in light traffic. Manila airport has a shuttle bus system connecting the terminals. Passengers can easily hire a car from Manila airport to reach the city. Apart from these, one can avail of the Bus services (Ultimate Bus Experience) from the airport which will be cheaper and convenient. There is an LRT (Light Rail Transit) service available from Line 1 for easy transportation to and from the airport to the city centre.
Transportation in Manila
There are many ways to travel within the city and all the modes of transport are convenient and comfortable. Buses are reliable to travel within the city as they are regular in time and they wait for the passengers at their junction. These bus services companies include Baclaran Metro Link, Erjohn & Almark, and AC Trans. There are MTR Line 3 which means the Manila metro rail transit system facility available and this operates in Metro Manila which is the easiest way to travel from North to South lanes. Another way to travel is through the light rail transit system which serves the different routes than the metro rail system. The purple line LRT2 operates from east to west lanes of the city and these also operate from the airport to the city which costs you between SGD.39 to SGD.78. Apart from these, there are metered taxis available which are easily available from your hotel or mall and you can pay as per the meter. The most locally used transport in Manila is the Jeepney which is also known as shared taxi and there are online-based cabs like Uber and Grab are also common these days.
How to get to Manila
Ninoy Aquino International Airport is one of the busiest and largest airports in Manila. More than thirty airlines operate from this airport. The distance from Singapore to Manila is 2394 kilometres and it takes an average of 3 hours 30 minutes to cover the distance between two places depending on the weather condition. There are direct and indirect flights available that fly from Singapore to Manila. Airlines that provide direct flights are Singapore Airlines, Philippine Airlines, Scoot, Cebu Pacific, and Jetstar Asia which also offer cheap flights to Manila. The schedule of the flights is subject to change but flights are frequently available throughout the day and it will cost you anywhere between 155 SGD to 247 SGD depending on the duration and booking preference. Always, prefer booking the tickets in advance for cheap flight tickets.
Hotel info, prices for different hotel range
Manila is often known as the Pearl of the Orient because of its natural beauty. There are amazing hotels in Manila and while choosing accommodation and Manila hotels, choose an area that is close to the places you plan to visit. Here is a list of hotels that falls under different categories as per the price and their popularity.
- 5 Star Hotels- The Manila Hotel, New World Manila Bay, and Diamond Hotel Philippines are the luxury hotels in Manila that offer you all the luxurious services at your doorstep. The price varies from 150 SGD to 130 SGD depending on the duration of stay and the season.
- 4 Star Hotels- Tropicana Suites Manila, Hotel Benilde Maison De La Salle, Sun Star Grand Hotel, Winford Manila Resort, and Casino, etc are some 4-star hotels as these hotels are the mix of luxury hotels at an affordable price. Book Manila hotels for a remarkable stay at an average cost of 123 SGD to 85 SGD.
- 3 Star Hotels- These hotels are the best in Manila for families as well as couples. These hotels will give you a pleasant stay in Manila within the budget. Look for Manila hotels deals which vary from 85 SGD to 35 SGD depending on hotel popularity, seasons, the total number of persons, and the duration of stay.
- 2 Star Hotels- Travelling on a budget and looking for cheap hotels in Manila? These hotels will be for a basic stay at a very reliable cost. A fun and basic stay will cost you anywhere between 35 to10 SGD depending on your location and booking preference.
Manila Tourist Information
Top tourist attractions in Manila
Manila is the gem among the Southeast Asian countries. Tourists from all over the world love to visit this place because of the friendliness of the people, exotic dishes, inviting culture, and awe-inspiring Manila attractions. There are many things to do in Manila and popular among them are -
- Malacanang Palace - This Palace rests on the bank of the Pasig River. It is the Philippines' government house and the president lives in this palace.
- Rizal Shrine – It is a museum dedicated to Dr. Jose Rizal, the national hero during the time of Independence. It is situated in Fort Santiago and this museum includes the artwork, manuscript, furniture, etc and outside area is known as Rizal Park or Luneta Park which include and chess plaza, fountains, playground, grassy lawns, horse-drawn vehicles and concert halls.
- Manila Bay – Manila Bay is one of the most popular and beautiful harbors in the far east. Surrounded by shopping malls and hotels, the operating hours are from 10 am to 9 pm and Sundays remain closed.
Top food places in Manila
Manila is ideal for culinary enthusiasts. There are many fine-dining restaurants, street food shops, cafes, and stalls available with different cuisines to satisfy your hunger.
- Binondo Chinatown – This area is a food paradise. This place is famous for Chinese and Thai Cuisine.
- The national food is Adobo. Must try the Cassava Cake, the mouth-watering dessert of the Philippines.
- Ilustrado – This restaurant serves the best quality Filipino-Spanish cuisines.
Plan your Manila trip with Trip.com and cherish the memories for a lifetime. Trip.com is known for its quality service and hassle-free travel services. The 24-hour customer service will give you a detailed customised plan.