Apartments at Oakwood Premier Cozmo come equipped with LCD cable TV, CD and DVD players. A fully equipped kitchen features a microwave oven and stove. A washer and dryer are available.Guests can take a refreshing swim in the pool, or rejuvenate in Oakwood’s hot tub. A fitness center is available for guests to work out at. Oakroom Restaurant and Bar serves Asian and international cuisine.
Hotels in Jakarta
Weather and Best time to travel to Jakarta
Jakarta the capital city of Indonesia is officially called the Special Capital Region of Jakarta. The large city situated on the North West Java coast is the center of culture, politics, and economy of the country. It has the country’s best museums, tourist attractions, shopping, and dining options. The city is the face of all of Indonesia with culture and people from across the country. The populous metropolis provides the best of job and business opportunities making it the melting pot of multiple cultures of Indonesia. Jakarta is colloquially called the “Big Durian”(a native fruit) similar to the “Big Apple” as New York as many people come to the city to better their lives.
Jakarta experiences a tropical monsoon climate with basically just two seasons- summer and monsoons with very little seasonal variation. The summer months from June to September are the driest months of the city and monsoon season is from October to May. The wettest months of the year are January and February. For the tourists coming from modest weather, summer months are the best time to visit Jakarta, as the weather is dry and sunlight for long hours. During the summer months, the temperatures are between 85 to 95 degrees F.
The airport in Jakarta/Nearby airport in Jakarta
All international flights to Jakarta are served by Soekarno-Hatta International Airport (CGK). The airport abbreviated to SHIA is located in Benda, Tangerang is about 20 kilometers from the city. SHIA is named after the names of the first president and vice-president of Indonesia- Soekarno and Mohammad Hatta. Most foreigners visiting the island of Java, come to Jakarta, and then travel ahead from here.
The most convenient way for getting to Jakarta from Soekarno-Hatta International Airport is Airport Rail Link. The train departs from Terminal 1 and has a good frequency. The passengers arriving at Terminal 2 and 3, can travel to Terminal 1 to take the train by traveling through the SkyTrain. Passengers can also take the Damri Bus to get to the city. It is the cheapest option and goes to the Gambir station, located near Merdeka Square. Other options for commuting are taxis, airport shuttles, and cars.
Transportation in Jakarta
There are several options for public transport in Jakarta. Traveling by local Transjakarta Busway is the most convenient and quickest method. The buses are air-conditioned and run on the reserved busways. The fares start at S$ 0.4 and the payment can be done through the stored-value card. A single card can be used for paying for multiple tickets of a group.
Commuter trains in Jakarta connect the nearby areas to the city center of the city. They are good to travel if traveling to the outlying areas. The cheap fare starting at less than an S$ makes it a good option to travel. Traveling by taxis is cheap as a basic cab ride from North to South Jakarta costs roughly S$ 6. The city has two taxi types- Silver Bird (premium) and Blue Bird (basic). Silver Bird fares are double to that of Blue Bird. Hiring a car is also possible but one should have an International Driving license.
How to get to Jakarta
Jakarta has daily flights to many prominent destinations in the world. Singapore-Jakarta is one of the busiest international flight routes in the world. Singapore Airlines has several flights daily to Jakarta along with Indonesia AirAsia Airlines. The non-stop Singapore-Jakarta flight takes roughly one hour and forty-five minutes and starts at S$ 45 approximately. Jakarta-Kuala Lumpur air route is also in top ten busiest routes in the world. Popular Kuala Lumpur to Jakarta flights are by AirAsia Airlines and Indonesia AirAsia Airlines. The flight starts at approximately S$ 93 and takes two hours and ten minutes roughly to reach Jakarta. Manila also has several flights to Jakarta. The top flights are by Hong Kong Airlines and Asiana Airlines. The Manila-Jakarta flight takes roughly ten hours to reach Jakarta and cost starts at S$ 656.Hong Kong to Jakarta popular non-stop flights are by Cathay Pacific airlines. The flight starts at S$ 300 and takes five hours roughly.
How much are Hotels in Jakarta
Jakarta has a good range of accommodation depending on the budget and preferences. There are many options from high-end hotels in Jakarta to cheap hotels in Jakarta according to the budget. The prices for different types of Jakarta hotels are:
- 5 star – Taman Menteng with prices starting of S$ 142.
- 4 Star- Senayan with prices starting at S$ 90.
- 3 Star- Renfrew Street and price start of S$ 40.
- 2 Star- Jalan Jaksa with starting price of S$ 25.
Jakarta Tourist Information
Top tourist attractions in Jakarta
The vibrant metropolis of Jakarta is full of beautiful Jakarta attractions. The most popular things to do in Jakarta are:
- National Monument- National Monument in Jakarta or Monas, a short form for Monumen Nasional is a historical landmark built to commemorate the country’s struggle for independence in 1961-1975. The structure resembling the Hindu symbols of linga and yoni symbolizing fertility, balance, harmony, and eternal life. The monument is surrounded by a beautiful park and also houses the National History Museum.
- Istiqlal Mosque- It is Southeast Asia’s largest mosque and was also built to commemorate the independence struggle. The name istiqlal actually means “independence” in Arabic. The peaceful mosque has a grand prayer hall with a big dome and massive columns.
- Jakarta Cathedral- The cathedral is located just opposite the Istialal mosque. The Roman Catholic mosque built-in 1901, is the seat of the Jakarta’s Archbishop. The neo-gothic architecture of the cathedral impresses the tourist and the large prayer hall is perfect for mass gatherings.
Top food places in Jakarta
Jakarta food scene is very inclusive with the local Betawi cuisine incorporating flavors from multiple cuisines such as Indian, Arabic, Chinese, and European. The city offers amazing choices of eating from Javanese imperial cuisine in fine –dining restaurants to instant dishes in the street stalls. Some of the popular areas for eating in Jakarta are:
- Longgang Jakarta - Lenggang Jakarta in Merdeka Square is an assortment of numerous food stalls. One can enjoy dishes from all over the archipelago from spicy noodles to omelets. There is a long community table for seating and dishes are reasonably priced.
- Pasar Santa-Several booths of food, clothing, coffee, etc located in a rundown building are must-visit for tasty food and a different experience. One can enjoy micro-roasted coffee and tasty noodles here along with some shopping.
- Blok S- Blok S in South Jakarta is known for its delicious street food especially the meatballs.
For more details on how to book Jakarta hotels, visit Trip.com