Hotels in Guilin
Weather and Best time to Travel in Guilin
Guilin is a city situated on the southern side of China in Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region. The city set among karst hills is known for its scenic landscapes. Some of the popular hills surrounding the city are Folded Brocade Hill, Fubo Hill, and Solitary Beauty Peak. The city even has two rivers, Li and Peach Blossom running through. People come here to enjoy the scenic beauty and for its relaxed atmosphere.
Guilin has a sub-tropical climate, which means it is usually warm & humid in summers and cool & damp in winters. The coldest month is January when the average temperature is as low as 12°C, and the hottest months are July and August when temperatures go up to 33°C. The rainfall here is high, with an average of 1.9 meters during the early summers. May and June are considered the wettest months. It usually does not snow in the city except for the high mountains, which gets a few inches of snow every year. The climate of the region is such that it is suitable to visit all year. As per weather, the best time to visit from April to October which is also a peak tourist season. If you want to enjoy the views of the Longji Rice Terraces, mid-May is the best time to visit the city.
Airport in Guilin
Guilin Liangjiang International airport is located 30 kilometers west of the city. It is connected to most of the major cities of China and a few of the important cities of Asia. It is one of the busiest airports in China, serving 4 million passengers every year. The project to build this airport was approved in 1991 to replace Guilin Qifengling Airport, and the construction began in 1993. The airport officially opened for business in 1996.
There are mainly two modes of transportation for getting to Guilin from Guilin Airport. You can either hire a taxi or take the airport bus. The Bus will leave once it gets full, so you might have to wait for a while, but it is the cheapest way to get to the city center. There are city taxis available, which usually takes 40 minutes to reach the city center, and the price will 1.32 SGD or more depending on where your hotel is. You can even check with Guilin hotels if they can arrange for pick up and drop.
Transportation in Guilin
Guilin is not a huge city, so public transport is limited to buses, but they do have good taxis and rental cars available as well.
Bus is the cheapest and most efficient way to get around the city. If you buy the local map, it will show the location of all the major attractions along with the bus routes. The bus fare will usually cost less than 1 SGD.
The taxi fare in the city is inexpensive and can be easily hailed within the city. You can even hire a taxi for the whole day to take you to multiple attractions.
Hiring a private car is one of the good ways to explore the city, and it will usually cost 7 to 9 SGD for a day. If you have the required license, you can choose self-drive or opt for a professional driver.
How to get to Guilin
Guilin is one of the popular tourist destinations because of its natural beauty and picturesque landscape. The airport is connected to 48 domestic and international destinations with direct flights. The major international cities having direct flights are Hong Kong, Macau, Japan, Korea, Thailand, and Malaysia. At present, it does not have a direct flight from Singapore, but you can take any of the connecting flights that have a stopover at any of the cities in China or the countries mentioned above. The total travel distance will be 2735 kilometers, and the duration will be 10 hours or more depending on the stopovers. The rates of the flight on an average will start from 1500 to 2000 SGD. Also, depending on when you book or the season you are traveling.
How much are Hotels in Guilin
The beautiful and scenic Guilin has many hotels falling under different ranges as per the budget. You can book Guilin hotels as per your budget, taste, and itinerary. Below are the details of some of the hotels: -
5-Star Hotels: Some of the best luxury hotels in Guilin are in Gui Lin Yi Royal Palace, Shangri-La, Sheraton Hotel, Merryland Resort World, etc. Each of these hotels has excellent amenities and world-class service, ensuring that you have a luxurious and unique stay experience. Depending on the area of the hotel’s location, and the type of room, the price for luxury and high-end hotels start at SGD 90 and can go up to SGD 144 or more.
4-Star Hotels: If you are looking for comfort with a few amenities, then you can book 4-star hotels. Some of the popular hotels in this range are City Pharos Hotel, Hampton by Hilton, Wanzi Qianhong Hotel, and many more. The price in this range starts at SGD 50 and can go up to SGD 70 depending on the area and type of room you choose.
3-Star Hotels: If you are someone who is going to be outdoors more and prefer to give more time in site seeing, then you should book budget hotels which offer basic comfort. Some of the hotels falling in this category are IBIS Hotel, Kyriad Marvelous hotel, Borrman Hotel, etc. The price starts at SGD 25 SGD and can go up to SGD 40.
2-Star Hotels/ Hostel: If you are on a backpacking trip, solo trip, or in a student group, then you need to look for cheap hotels in Guilin. Some of the places in this category are Guilin Central Hostel, Wada Hostel, Breeze Inn, etc. The range in this category starts SGD 2 to SGD 15.
Guilin Tourist Information
Top tourist attractions in Guilin
- Cruise the Li River: Take a relaxing boat ride on Li River to enjoy classic China. You will get to relax and relish the scenic Bamboo-lined banks and appreciate the jade water. You can go for cruise boats, or even motorized bamboo piped rafts for a unique experience. The cruise usually lasts for an hour and is one of the things to do in Guilin.
- Reed Flute Cave: The limestone Karst caves of Guilin are worth visiting. Reed Flute Cave is considered best among the limestone caves. It has a fascinating array of natural sculptures and is filled with stalactites, stalagmites, and rock formation in unique shapes. The cave visit will generally take 3 hours.
- Rice Terraces: Guilin’s Rice terraces are one of the major Guilin attractions that you should not miss. They look like huge chains and ribbons as they wind around in tiered bands. While visiting these rice terrace gardens, you can also visit the ethnic minority village and enjoy listening to their stories and experience of bamboo tube cooking.
Top Food Places in Guilin
Guilin is a combination of Hunan and Cantonese cuisine but with more use of fish and spices. Restaurants can be found throughout the place at different price ranges.
- Local Food: If you want to taste local cuisine, then you should visit Renmin Road that has many reasonably priced restaurants and some street food as well. Some of the dishes that you can try are fermented Bean Curd, Rice Noodles and Pork dishes.
- Other cuisines: If you are looking to eat other than local food, visit Yi Ren Road or Zhengyang Road. Here you will get good European and other Asian food.
- Nightlife: City center and Walking street have some of the best bars and nightclubs where you can party and drink. You can try the local Liquan beer in one of the bars.
Trip.com has tied up with some of the best hotels to give you Guilin hotel deals at the budget that will suit you. Make them your travel partner to make your holiday experience in Guilin unique and memorable.