Hotels in Guangzhou
Weather and Best time to Travel in Guangzhou
Guangzhou, formerly called Canton, is the capital of Guangdong province in southern China. It is the largest city on the Pearl River Delta and is one of the most populous cities in China. The city has a history of over 2200 years. Today the city is full of skyscrapers and modern buildings existing with ancient temples and colonial-era heritage lanes. The city is a perfect combination of old and new and offers something for everyone making it a perfect holiday destination for the whole family.
Guangzhou has a humid and subtropical climate highly influenced by East Asian monsoon. Summers are generally high on both humidity and temperatures when it can go as high as 40°C. Winters are comparatively dry with mild temperatures. The city has a long monsoon season starting from April and goes on till September. The best time to visit is between October to December or in April and May. One should avoid visiting between June to September as it is the Typhoon Season.
Airport in Guangzhou
Guangzhou is an important trading and tourist destination that is served by Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport, located in Baiyun-Huadu District, and is 28 km north of downtown Guangzhou. It is a major airport in Guangdong province and is the 3rd busiest airport in China in terms of passenger movement and aircraft movement. This airport opened in 2004 and replaced the old airport of the same which is now closed.
There are multiple transportations available at the airport, which makes getting to Guangzhou from Guangzhou Airport without any hassle. The most economical way to reach downtown is via Guangzhou Metro Line. Catch the metro line 3 at the Airport South Station, and the journey will be of 45 to 50 minutes. The trains run every 7 minutes between 6 am to 11:00 pm. The cost of the metro train will be 2 to 5 SGD. The other modes are Uber taxi or the city taxis, and it takes about 40 minutes to downtown in a taxi, and it will usually cost around 23 to 25 SGD.
Transportation in Guangzhou
Guangzhou has a very efficient public transport system so that your movement in the city is seamless and fast.
Metro is the quickest and most economical way to get around the city as the metro connects the entire city. Most of the popular and major attractions are within walking distance of a metro stop. The cost can be anywhere between 0.40 to 3 SGD depending on the distance.
The city has a comprehensive bus service that covers the city from one end to another. It is the cheapest way to move around. They have AC and non-AC buses, and the fare starts at 0.20 SGD for non-AC and 0.40 SGD for AC buses.
They even have a Bus Rapid Transit system that is connected to a few locations and moves faster than regular buses.
How to get to Guangzhou
Guangzhou is a popular destination for tourism and is well connected to all the major cities across the globe. There are more than 130 international airlines that link to major international cities like Los Angeles, Sydney, Melbourne, Osaka, Amsterdam, Paris, London, and many other major cities. They have many flights catering to major South and Southeast Asian Countries like Vietnam, India, Malaysia, Indonesia, etc. It is a hub for airlines like China Southern Airlines, 9 Air, and Hainan Airlines. There are few direct flights from Singapore covering 2651 kilometers and will take 4 hours or more. The flight rates go higher if you book closer to the travel date. The average cost of the ticket will start at around 700 to 1000 SGD depending on when you make the booking.
How much are Hotels in Guangzhou
Guangzhou has a wider range of options available when it comes to accommodation that ranges from hostel to luxury hotels. For accommodation, you can book hotels in Guangzhou as per your budget and itinerary. Read on to get details about Guangzhou hotels in different categories.
Luxury 4- & 5-star Hotels: Some of the best luxury hotels in Guangzhou are in Liwan District and Shamian Islands. The 4- & 5-star luxury hotels are known for good services and will usually have a restaurant and bar attached to it. The cost for a night stay starts at 171 for a 4-star hotel to 220 SGD for a 5-star hotel, which will change as per location and kind of room you book.
Mid-Range 3-star Hotels: The mid-range 3-star hotels might not be providing the ultra-luxury, but they are clean and comfortable and perfect for anyone visiting only for site seeing or business. The price starts at 85 to 110 SGD and depends on the location.
Budget & 2-star Hotels: There are many hostels and 2-star cheap hotels in Guangzhou that are perfect for backpackers or solo travelers or students. The price approximately starts at 40 SGD.
Guangzhou Tourist Information
Top tourist attractions in Guangzhou
- Canton Tower: The Canton Tower is considered as the landmark of Guangzhou. It rises almost 600 meters and illuminates the whole place with colorful lights in the evening. When it was built for a brief period, it was the tallest tower in the world. There are observation decks which gives a 360-degree view of the city. And has restaurants, coffee shops, and rides for the adventurous. This is one of the must-see Guangzhou attractions.
- Shamian Island: This is a small island that is connected by a small canal to the mainland city. It used to be important for trade during the Song and Qing dynasties. Due to its history, it is considered a European town in the middle of China. The experience on this island will be different and is a perfect place to spend an hour or 2.
- Guangdong Museum: To all the history buffs, a visit to Guangdong Museum cannot be missed. This is the perfect place to learn about the history and culture of the entire region. The museum also hosts exhibitions to promote local art and artists.
Some of the other things to do in Guangzhou and should not be missed are Pearl River Night Cruise, which is a great way to see the skyline of the city and enjoy its lights shows and visit Chimelong theme parks for their rides and safari park.
Top Food Places & Food Culture in Guangzhou
Guangzhou is known for Cantonese cuisine, which is well known for its blend of taste, presentation, and colors. You can enjoy food in a fine dining restaurant or street-side depending on your budget.
- Local Food: The street food in Guangzhou is very colorful and will offer variety. Some of the items that you should try are white cut chicken, dim sum, and seafood. Many fine dining restaurants innovatively offer the local flavors.
- Foreign Chain: Many popular foreign chains have opened here. You can get pizza, burgers, sandwiches and many more if you are looking for quick fast food. There are many gourmet restaurants in other countries also available.
- Tea: The ritual of tea drinking is integral to the culture of Guangzhou. You will find many tea houses of all ranges offering a variety that you can try and even take home.
Trip.com has amazing Guangzhou hotel deals that you can check out and book as per your budget and requirement. You can check out their website to book Guangzhou hotel accommodation. Their website is user friendly, and their customer care is very prompt in case you face any issue.