6 Raffles Boulevard,Marina Square, Singapore, SingaporeBooked a staycay for my family - 2 rooms in total.
- Staff were courteous and patiently answered my questions.
- Room was clean, good view of MBS. Bed was fluffy and comfy, had a good night's sleep. Air con temperature can be controlled and hence the room temperature was comfortable too.
- Hotel prepared birthday cake. So nice!
- Breakfast was good. Initially thought it was alacarte buffet, but it was a proper buffet, just that we tell the staff what we want and they pick up the amount for us.
- Hotel linked to Marina Square! So convenient :)
Not so good:
- Reached at 2pm but waited till 4.30pm till our first room was ready (and waited till 5pm for the other room). Good thing was they gave us late check out at 2pm for both rooms.
- Walls are slightly thin, could hear people dragging chairs / walking at night.
- The water supply had issues on 17th Dec night, from 10.30pm-ish till 11.30pm-ish. Was bathing halfway and the water supply suddenly stopped (no water came out from all sources, be it tap, drinking water, bathtub, or shower area). Called the helpline and they said that they were aware of the issue and were fixing it. They also said they would call back when the supply was back. At 11.30pm-ish, water supply was back but no calls from the helpline (I suppose they are heavily understaffed). So we continued to bathe since it was already so late and one of us was halfway done with our bath. After bathing, when using the water at the basin for washup, we realised that the hot water supply was yellow, and the cold water supply was murky (can refer to photos). Called the helpline again and 30 minutes later, they picked up explaining that we should drain the water from all sources (basin/bathtub/shower) for at least 5 minutes before using them. We didn't know it before and we probably already bathed in the dirty murky water. 🤣 Before washing up at the basin, we drained the water for more than 5 minutes but it was still yellow/murky. So we gave up using the water and we just went to sleep. Luckily our skin did not (or have not) develop any rashes because of the water (and hopefully no one else's did, not sure if it was the whole building issue or just the rooms in the same column). Was originally looking forward to trying the bathtub too (even bought a bathbomb for it) but didn’t get to in the end due to the water issue. On 18th morning, the water was still slightly yellow and murky. And before checking out, the water supply seemed to flow slower again.
- Though the water supply issue may be a once off thing, but wish there was better communication between stayers and staff, since this is a ‘green’ hotel and the only water available in the room are from the taps / drinking water tap, and the 1 hour water shortage may cause inconvenience.